Friday, December 18, 2009

Drinks on me

Dear Lamont,

Today I was at Starbucks. That alone probably qualifies me for at least 3 minutes of wall squats. Usually I have iron willpower and I order a Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte, a teeny 90 calories, but today I let the holidays get the better of me. Its just that I had been talking to Amanda and she'd said the words. You know the words, White Mocha. They make me shudder with guilty delight. So I'm in the drive through at The 'Bucks and all ready to be good when the barista asks if I'd like a Peppermint White Mocha. Yes, I would like a VENTI peppermint white mocha, how funny you should ask, but before I could correct my mistake, the deed had been done.

I have this thing about drinking my frou-frou coffees at home, so I started sipping it as I looked it up on the Starbucks website.

Did you know that a Venti Peppermint White Mocha is as many calories as no mayo Whopper with cheese?

Clearly fucked, I took a last sip, shimmied into the kitchen and poured the last half into the sink.

What I did wasn't easy, but I also know that 50 push-ups aren't easy either. You win this time.

Love,
Burly

P.S. I just made some green tea so I wouldn't snack and Amanda came by with PESTO FREAKIN' PASTA SALAD. I'm now enjoying my green tea with a side of guilt. So I'll just add this- SHE HAD A BROWNIE TODAY. Okay, now we're even.

No comments:

Post a Comment